Saturday 23 March 2013

P....ortraits

Well better late than never.  H & I are off to Europe and the UK in 2 weeks time (OMG!!!!) for 9 weeks so I have been a bit distracted with flights, research on what not to miss and organising the house and bills etc etc.  It will SO be worth it.  I'm thinking that by the time I get to V we'll be in Venice and I will post a watercolour of the Grand Canal or a gondola or the old buildings or maybe a photo of us sipping cappuccino's in the main square. 

We're travelling light as we are training it around Europe so our clothes are minimal and bags are small, but am hoping to pack a small painting/sketch pack. 

Here's my portrait for the week - a simple sketch.  In an earlier post stamping with vegetables I played around with stamping with celery and have added a cut out of this to the portrait.  



Gives my lady a Spanish feel I reckon.  What do you think?

Adios!


2 comments:

  1. It seems you've caught this lady in a pensive mood ... perhaps even sad. The celery rose is a lovely touch and contrasts interestingly with her emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she does look deep in thought and sad. I like your observation about the contrast of the rose and her emotions - I hadn't thought of that before.

    ReplyDelete