Tuesday 20 November 2012

Detour

Just had to take a small detour and start a commission I was asked to do a couple of months ago. I have been putting it off (nothing new there) and it has to be finished by Christmas so started in earnest yesterday. I did the drawing with charcoal Sunday and laid a watery ochre wash over it. Then yesterday went at it guns blazing (after procrastinating and waiting till 11.30 am to work myself up to it)  Finished to this stage at about 4.00 pm, so pretty pleased.


Not completely happy with the mouth but that can be altered further along.





Won't be able to get back to it for two days so hope my clingwrap covered paint stays use-able.



1 comment:

  1. It's really interesting seeing the different stages of this portrait and seeing the person slowly but surely emerging.

    ReplyDelete